View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #2211 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Removable batteries seem to be a thing of the past. OEM's appear to be going for faster I/O performance over expandable memory as a feature, which I don't mind at all.
I wouldn't mind as much, as long as that means I'm getting battery life (at minimum) that resembles my Note 2. Anything less than that, for me, would still have to be removable option. I've never experienced having a phone that I didn't have to root to get a full 24 hours worth of use out of, or a full work day (heavy use). The Note 2 has been practically a dream, as far as battery life is concerned. Granted, I'm not in the majority (on the forums) that have joined the root club w/ custom ROM's that allow for over/under clocking the processor (to conserve battery life), but having this experience with the Note 2 has eliminated my thoughts of needing to root (although, at some point, I'd eventually like to sit down and do it properly, just never find the time).