View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #2212 (permalink)
NYCHitman1
Gun for Hire

Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I wouldn't mind as much, as long as that means I'm getting battery life (at minimum) that resembles my Note 2. Anything less than that, for me, would still have to be removable option. I've never experienced having a phone that I didn't have to root to get a full 24 hours worth of use out of, or a full work day (heavy use). The Note 2 has been practically a dream, as far as battery life is concerned. Granted, I'm not in the majority (on the forums) that have joined the root club w/ custom ROM's that allow for over/under clocking the processor (to conserve battery life), but having this experience with the Note 2 has eliminated my thoughts of needing to root (although, at some point, I'd eventually like to sit down and do it properly, just never find the time).
The misses gets a good 13-14 hrs on her SGS3 (which is stock), and she's always surfing the web or on Facebook, etc..

Personally, I didn't root because I wanted extended battery life from tweaks and other customizations. I rooted because I wanted to be able to backup all of my apps and create nandroids, etc.. the extended battery life is just an added bonus. Also, TouchWiz is atrocious.

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Franco / Glitch