View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #2213 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,878 Times in 1,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
The misses gets a good 13-14 hrs on her SGS3 (which is stock), and she's always surfing the web or on Facebook, etc..

Personally, I didn't root because I wanted extended battery life from tweaks and other customizations. I rooted because I wanted to be able to backup all of my apps and create nandroids, etc.. the extended battery life is just an added bonus. Also, TouchWiz is atrocious.
My Photon got close to those numbers, but as time went on and the batteries started to wear down, I could tell the difference.

My main theory behind holding off on rooting was based on how much customization I could do, without root. Majority of the customizations I want, I've been able to do without rooting. The only customization that I haven't found (without root), is being able to change the startup sound. I agree. I don't care for touchwiz at all, but NOVA has been perfect for me, so I haven't even seen Touchwiz since I first got the Note 2.