View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #208 (permalink)
PyroSporker

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,105 Times in 606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyBlake View Post
Just bought my HTC One tonight and anything that uses the camera causes a crash. I can't get it to pop up and show the camera for even a second. Tried the default camera app and Facebook. I can't find anything on this issue with this phone. Anyone have anything? Tried a restart.
A hard restart might help. Press and hold down the power key for 10 seconds. You may see the capacitive buttons under the screen start to blink or a message come up with a countdown to reboot. This method forces the hardware and software to more fully restart.

You could also try restarting in Safe Mode. This will run your phone with all 3rd party applications disabled on a more clean configuration.

Boot into Safe Mode:
Ensure that Fast Boot is turned off in your Power Settings
Power the phone down and wait for it to be fully turned off for a minute or two
Power the phone back on
When you see the white HTC Boot screen immediately press and hold down the 'volume down' hardware key on the right side of the phone. Hold it until the phone completes start up, and you see the words "Safe Boot" displayed in the lower left corner of your lock/home screen.

To get out of Safe Mode simply power off and power on your phone as normal

If the camera doesn't work in Safe Mode then a back up and Factory Restore may be in order.
If a Factory Restore does not resolve, then there might be an underlying hardware failure.
Last edited by PyroSporker; June 10th, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PyroSporker For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (June 10th, 2013), marctronixx (June 10th, 2013), sikclown (June 11th, 2013)