View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

I was asked an interesting question to give my opinion which one I would pick now as a daily driver, Note 2 or S4?

As I mentioned before, decision of choosing N2 over S3 was an easy one back then where I felt N2 offered a lot more features and was more polished. If I would be faced with a same decision today, comparing N2 to S4 without previous experience with N2, I probably would have settled on S4. The size of Note 2 5.5" display could be intimidating coming off any other sub 5" phone. People are more familiar with a pocket friendly phone sizes. Plus there are a lot of new features and improvements from N2 to S4. N2 would have felt a bit outdated next to S4. Just telling you my honest opinion.

BUT considering that I have been using N2 for the last 7 months, it became an essential piece of my everyday functionality. I don't have it rooted because I have it synced with Exchange work server, and use it as my laptop replacement at work (with all the documents, etc.) and entertainment center at home (enjoy private movie watching better than on tv). So once you integrate this big screen into your daily routine, it will be really hard to go back to anything smaller. I already used to it's size which gets even bigger with any cases, not too mention if you add 9300 mAh Zerolemon battery

This is just my personal opinion and it's based on extensive use of Note2. Without it, I probably would choose S4. Also keep in mind, if they will keep N3 relatively the same size (more and more rumors about 5.9" screen are circulating) by narrowing the bezel with an increased display - I will probably switch to N3 since I'm sure it will have the same features as S4. But if they are going to mess it up and make it much bigger, that will give me an excuse to go to S4.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
Kelmar (June 14th, 2013)