Thread: Support SD Card Recovery Software
View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
SuperCK
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Hello SuperCK. It looks like you've waited over two years after joining to be welcomed back to Android Forums. Welcome back.

There are applications in the Play Store which seek to resolve the issue you have, but I'd first try a few different approaches:

There are two possibilities regarding the data on your external sd card. The first is that the system in your S4 detected some of the data as needing to be stored in the "internal sd card," which is designated "sdcard0" on JellyBean OS.

Go into your "my files" app and tap the "all files" menu selection, then "sdcard0." In there you'll see a list of folders including dcim and media, etc. Search around; you may find the missing pictures/data there.

If not, perhaps the files are still on the external sd card. If you've been unable to see them in the gallery app or the "my files" app, try using an adapter to look at the sd card contents on your computer. The other way is with the USB cable that came with the charging apparatus with your phone.

Good luck. Let us know how things go.
Hello

This is what I did so far. I removed my SIM card and placed it into a card reader and attached it to my computer. On my PC I unhide the following

- show hidden files, folders and drives
-unhide empty drives in the computer folder

I went thru all folders and could not find anything.

/storage/emulated/0
/storage/ExtStcard

I also looked at the device while the SIM card was inserted into the phone.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to try.