View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #321 (permalink)
KOLIO
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | LG G WATCH | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 2,020 Times in 1,487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adar View Post
Yeah, I have the power saver turned on with my One. And I'm not actually too worried about my battery life right now. It seems to be doing pretty good, without me tweaking much of anything. I was just curious about whether the BatteryGuru app is actually as effective as it is claimed. I mean, I used JuiceDefender all the time on my Evo3D, and I NEVER saw the power savings that other people reported. I don't think it was a bad app, just that my usage patterns didn't allow it to give me huge gains. Just wondered if the same thing might be true of this app.

I haven't been able to nail down any hard stats on battery savings due to a constantly changing work schedule, which makes daily/routine usage vary too much to do so.

I can tell you that using both have not adversely affected what I consider primary/priority functionality (incoming phone calls/SMS-MMS/e-mail).

The real savings you'll probably realize are actually w/the apps/functions that you seldom use. BATTERY GURU is supposed to learn your usage & adjust accordingly, in conjunction with your customized preferences.

As for quantifying savings,a suggestion would be to have a four week test, running a combination of both/neither/one or the other.