View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2013, 03:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
jdCaptivate

Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Samsung S II, Samsung S II Skyrocket, Samsung Tab 2 7.0, Samsung S4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49 View Post
They didn't, Google did. It apparently caused problems for some people or phones although it never caused me any trouble.

If you are prepared to root your phone and have a fast reliable SD card, this is all a bit of a non-issue as there are simple ways round the restrictions (eg using foldermount).
Interesting.

Have a SanDisk 32gb UHS-1/Class 10 card, so yeah... its pretty fast. Don't think I'm going to root, however. I had my fun with the Captivate. Turned into an addiction and I was flashing constantly with every new revision, from like 2 or 3 different ROMS.

Not really an issue for me. Heck, I've still got almost 9gb left on the phone, and 30gb on the card. Though, I've deleted my music collection a couple times. Haven't decided if I want to keep it on there... so many music apps and I've already heard everything I own.

Do you know if this is related to the original issue with the SII and the larger (32gb and up) cards? I remember when I got mine (the SII, then the SII Skyrocket), lots of people were having issue with some Class 6 and almost all Class 10 cards.
Last edited by jdCaptivate; June 21st, 2013 at 04:13 AM.