View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:51 AM   #63 (permalink)
tommo47
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC One M7 (4.4.3/Sense 6.0), HTC Desire S
Carrier: Orange (Panther)

Default HTC Locations dropped from Sense 5.0

Although it was never going to be a deal breaker, I was just a tad disappointed when I discovered that the Locations/Footprints app had been dropped from Sense 5.0 - I had used it extensively on the Desire S, finding it easy to use and accurate.

The lack of it was certainly not going to put me off getting the One which I've now had for just over a week and loving it.

I have spoken to HTC Support to see whether the app was available to download if required and the answer was little more than a short and sweet 'No - not possible'. He did refer to rooting as a possible solution, in a vague sort of way, adding the obvious 'but that would affect the warranty'.

I wonder if anyone knows differently.......

As for BlinkFeed, I don't mind it at all, it's there and I will use it if it suits me, otherwise I'll leave it on the 'apps' setting tucked away on screen one out of sight out of mind - screen 2 is my home screen and by grouping apps and bookmarks into folders I currently have 36 apps and 35 bookmarks available with two taps plus the four apps in dock.

Screens 3,4 and 5 have various other folders, apps and widgets.

Four screens are plenty for me.

All in all, I find the HTC One very much like my Ducati - just as good to look at as it is to use!!
Last edited by tommo47; June 21st, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tommo47 For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 21st, 2013)