View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
firefight16
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Factory reset

Well I uninstalled a few apps, but problem is I had updated a few and not sure which one might be killing my battery? No luck after four or five, battery getting drained quick and media shows up as #1 on battery use still. So I did a factory reset my first one on an android, have plenty of experience being an early Palm guy then a WM user, this was the easiest by far, only thing is I wish the market would keep a record of what apps I had installed, then I could go one by one.

Well after reset same problem, WTF, then I was playing with Android music app wanted to set my default ring tone and it would not stop SD card scanning, looked online no help, so i figured i will take off all music from card, I had used card as a stick and had three movies on it that Android could not play but I was giving to a buddy at work, kids had my 16 GIG stick at home with some other movies so why not just use the phone. Well after I took off the movies from the card the Music app now worked, and guess what, Media and battery are now normal in fact Media does not even show up on battery meter.

Problem solved, and as I had Dark Knight converted on my phone since day one it was not the problem, as the draining started a couple days ago exact time I dragged those two other movies on there.