June 21st, 2013, 12:56 PM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Thanked 52,730 Times in 21,031 Posts
- We have and value all feedback.
- Many good ideas have been offered.
- We have vocal proponents for - and against - completely separate forums for this situation.
- This thread is not our only feedback.
- Both sides have merit.
- Neither solution - existing or make separate forums - will satisfy both sides.
- The case for separate forums has been made and understood.
- That case does not address the other side of the coin.
- Doing nothing does not address the problems and concerns of those wanting separate forums.
Compromise Suggestion 1:
- A compromise solution may work to help with the concerns.
- Address the real issues.
- Make the most people possible happy.
Compromise Suggestion 2:
- One compromise suggested was to implement dual prefixes.
- Good idea.
- Our forum software doesn't support that at this time.
Compromise Suggestion 3:
- Leave main forum as is.
- Accessories and general advice and tips don't appear to be 9500/9505 specific.
- Add separate 9500 and 9505-only support subforums.
- The support prefix will remain in place in the main forum and would be used for support problems applying to both the 9500 and 9505.
- Like Suggestion 2.
- Except just adding one support subforum for the 9500 only.
Other compromise suggestions are most welcome.
And then discuss root forums after deciding what main forum idea is workable to solve problems making the most people most happy.
- Unless there's a compelling reason to do this in some other order.
Last edited by EarlyMon; June 21st, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Reason: Added Atma's idea