View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM   #146 (permalink)
tommo47
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC One M7 (4.4.3/Sense 6.0), HTC Desire S
Carrier: Orange (Panther)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crish View Post
A quick question regarding the auto refresh button in the blinkfeed settings, mine in greyed out and set as wifi only, no option to include refresh with data. Any idea how I change this?
Thanks
Hi, if you go into settings and tap 'Auto Refresh', it opens a selection box with two options, 'Using WiFi only' or 'Using Mobile data or WiFi'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
They took Footprints away on new phones in the One X series last year. Sorry.
Thanks for responding EarlyMon. Having had the Desire S for two years and during that time read many forum comments about HTC Locations that conflict with mine, I think I may be in a minority of one.

I know that Locations is tied in, somehow, to Sense, because when my Desire S had the update to Sense 3.0, Locations included the Trip function, but the Locations app appears to be freestanding with it's own version number and listing in 'Manage apps'.

The HTC guy said 'it's no longer available' which sort of bears that out.

I did wonder if rooting the Desire S would give me access to the Locations apk, but the Desire S has now replaced my wife's aging TYTN, so it's more than my life's worth to risk ******* that up!!

So I would be interested to know from anybody with any rooted HTC device with Locations on board, whether the apk is accessible.

Having said all that I'm quite happily using Google Maps for navigating, and have downloaded the free Route 66 app and various maps for route checking.

Last edited by marctronixx; June 22nd, 2013 at 02:14 PM.