Thread: Support Hating Alarm Clock
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Adara
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
This is exactly what happens if you ignore the Day of the Week feature. Set an alarm and don't select any days and the alarm will go off at the next occurrence of the selected time.
Quote:
Yes. You're missing something.

Don't select a day of the week; just set up the time. Your alarm will then sound at that same time every day.
OK. This is where I'm confused. I pick up my phone. I want an alarm at 11:30 today, so I set up a shiny new alarm. I don't care about the day, so I don't pick one. The alarm very kindly goes off at 11:30 today, Saturday. (Good phone.) Now, I pick up the phone tomorrow, wanting to use my 11:30 alarm again. The 11:30 alarm is now preset to Saturday. In order to make it go off at 11:30 on Sunday, I need to deselect Saturday. If I forget to do that step, the alarm which I intended to go off in a couple hours will actually be set for 6 days in the future.

The only way it works as you're suggesting is if I never reuse old alarms and start from scratch with new ones each time.

Also:
Quote:
Instead of complaining, head over to Google Play Store and get yourself 1 of million alarm clocks available there.
Wow. So helpful. In the OP, I asked if someone could recommend a good one -- I was hoping to rely on the experience of this forum rather than individually pawing through the plethora of alarm clock apps.