View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #301 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,540 Times in 1,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlicious1020 View Post
I was playing around with the stock browser settings today. I decided to select "dim screen during page loading." I wonder if this feature helps consume less battery power if you browse a lot like myself? Or would it be the equivalent of having auto-brightness turned on and the battery may take a settle hit?

I work in a building where the Sprint cell phone tower signal cannot penetrate in certain areas. I'll lose something like 15-20% with ny phone sitting there. I put my phone into power saver mode and I lose even less battery percentage.
NICE FIND on the "DIM SCREEN DURING PAGE LOADING" setting,I've never noticed it,or,heard mention of it.
I'm guessing it could save a bit of power,especially if pages are slow to load-up for whatever reason.

Ditto on the signal penetration @ work.My previous job only T-MOBILE had a decent signal indoors,a metal/concrete jungle if you will.

My current/new job is even worse,luckily the WI-FI network is decent & I can also utilize T-MOBILE's WI-FI calling.

My 1st full day @ the new job is this coming Monday.It'll be interesting to see how well the ONE's battery will hold up.I'm gonna leave everything set as I normally do to get an accurate battery life reading under the worse of conditions.Worse case scenario is that I'll need to use my MOPHIE-style battery case @ the end of the day.