Thread: Support Hating Alarm Clock
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
WalkaboutDavid

Device(s): Samsung S4, Nexus 7, ZTE Light Tab 2, Droid 3, Droid 2G
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
So you are telling me, that Smart Stay, Quick Glance, Smart Alert, etc., etc., are disabled on yours? What did you buy this phone for if not all this stuff that makes your life easier? Also,, if you look above, someone already gave an answer telling how to skip days of the week and just sett the allarm for the next occurrence of the settings, so I see no reason to complain here. In my opinion, Samsung is THE ONLY manufacturer who pays attention to what is most important - software. Hardware has come to a level, where everyone is basically equal and software is the only way to make a phone special.
Yes, everyone of those features is disabled on my phone.

I disagree that all this stuff "makes my life easier". I think it is useless bloat that just consumes resources.

I certainly did not buy this phone for those features. I bought it knowing I could disable all that crapware, download Apex, and have a fairly stock experience. If a Nexus s4 was available on Verizon, I would definitely have gotten that instead.

I don't recall complaining about the clock. Never use it, in fact. Already own alarm clock extreme.

I love the phone. I just think all the Samsung features are useless bloat, with a few notable exceptions. I like the mail client, browser, and text messaging client. I also mostly like zSamsung's take on the notification center.

ymmv.
Last edited by WalkaboutDavid; June 22nd, 2013 at 10:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WalkaboutDavid For This Useful Post:
shmn (June 23rd, 2013)