View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:20 AM   #302 (permalink)
mpanju

Device(s): International Version HTC One 32GB Silver
Carrier: Airtel

Wow,

Firstly, thanks for all the prompt feedback guys, it is truly appreciated and it's folks like you who make the Android community so awesome!

Tlicious1020 - I did try turning off the auto brightness a couple of weeks ago but I don't like dimming the screen too much and I had set it at 50% for 2 days to test it out but I found that when using the phone, the battery life depletion was more than having auto brightness enabled. I also maintain power saver mode all the time (unchecking the brightness option though)

EarlyMon - Thanks for tips, I noticed that a lot of the search results relating to the msm_hsic wake lock were of the Nexus 4. I did the 10 second power button reboot and I'll see how that goes. At my residence, I am always on Wi-Fi but I suppose that my work location could be a reason for poor signal, I do not have Wi-Fi there. I'll pay more attention to the GSam graph for battery against phone signal and also check the stats for phone signal. But wouldn't you say that the wake lock time for "main" at over 6 hours is not normal? I am using all the home screen panels and BlinkFeed, I have Google Keep and a Weather widget running, is that why "main" is so active?

Kolio - I usually end up with 10% at around 1800h or 1900h depending on how much I use the phone. I have tried scaling back a bit but as I said the drain seems to be constant but I always manage around 2.5 - 3.5 hours of screen on time before it hits 5%. I try not to leave the phone charging overnight but I do end up doing that occasionally when I get home late. So the charge time is either overnight from 2300h/0000h or from 20000h to 2300h and I have auto enabled Night Mode in Battery Widget Reborn from 2330h to 0630h.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpanju For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 23rd, 2013)