View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #356 (permalink)
mpanju

Device(s): International Version HTC One 32GB Silver
Carrier: Airtel

Confused That standby drain!

EarlyMon, Tlicious1020, Kolio (and all forum members!),

I've attached my battery life screens for my usage today. The usage is fairly light in comparison, I did not use it too much in the morning on the way to work as I normally do, I only clocked in around 30 mins screen on by 0900h (I pulled it off the charger at 0630h). As I was quite swamped at work I barely got a chance to touch the One (Yet it still depleted to 60% by 1400h!) and I only managed to get going when leaving work at around 1815h. Judging from the stats I'd pretty much rule out poor signal as the cause of my standby drain, the signal was for the most part good (as evidenced by the attached screen showing signal strength). So it definitely seems to be a kernel issue (and that horrid msm_hsic wake lock!)

I am going to go ahead with a factory reset but I don't expect it to resolve the issue. One thing is for sure now, there is no way I'd be able to get more than 24 hours out of this handset regardless of my usage, I think the One has pretty damn good battery life but my unit's standby seepage really degrades what would have been a truly all day lasting handset. As I have no experience or knowledge about rooting & modding phones I might as well just hope that the 4.2.2 update improves my standby time.
Last edited by mpanju; June 24th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpanju For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 24th, 2013)