View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
GameTheory
ROM Developer

Device(s): [Galaxy S3 4.1.2] [LG Optimus F6] [LG Spirit 4G Samurai ROM]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanked 1,636 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredBloodlin View Post
Hey guys. I'm an Admire user that is switching to Verizon and getting a Lucid 2 tomorrow. My point is I have a lot of experience with flashing, roms, etc on various phones. But I digress...

Having root and CWM should allow you to then have SU as well, giving you access to edit the framework-res (I think?) to allow certain restricted features like HotSpot and tethering (ie, setting from "false" to "true" ) Aside from that, you should at LEAST be able to remove bloatware and free up system memory, but even still, these are things that are easier done individually with a written guide than risking making a backup to share, at least until a dev gets on this phone and makes something (without bricking his own device in the process, lol)
To edit framework-res or any other apk, you would have to decompile it first then make your changes and compile it back after. You sure can remove bloatware though.

There is no risk in uploading a backup as long as you do not include data.ext4.tar which is where personal data is located.

I don't have this phone, but I can make a rom for it if I decided to. Someone needs to post a system pull for any devs or chefs that don't have this phone to make a rom for you guys.

I already offered to write the edify script for this device. Without it, no roms will flash. I'm just waiting on the system pull.