View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
dlin95123
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

I don't use a case. I'll contact Sprint using email and save it as a record. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, I live in a metro area with good reception. According to Sprint's coverage map, my area has the "Best" coverage. On my replacement HTC One, it measures between -85dbm to -80dbm.

Follow up :

I'd like to provide an update of my issue. I have contacted Sprint, BestBuy, and HTC. The status is as follows:

Sprint rep thinks that I might got my HTC One phones from a bad batch of phone. She is going to get a Device Care Manager contact me within 24 hours.

BestBuy rep also thinks that my two HTC One phones are from a bad batch of phones. She suggested I go to another BestBuy store to exchange it.

HTC rep, on the other hand, suggested that I might want to change how I grip the phone. He thinks it is normal to have some signal variation if the antenna is covered, even after I told him the loss was up to 25dB! In his email, he asked me to provide serial number and software version on a HTC link. When I clicked the link, I only found my case was closed and I couldn't enter any information.
Last edited by marctronixx; June 28th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dlin95123 For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 28th, 2013)