View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
dlin95123
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Sprint called me back. The agent checked my HTC One's signal strength remotely and said the signal was strong. Then she checked the nearby cell towers and said no problems had been reported. She concluded that it was a bad HTC One I got. She recommended that I could take it to a nearby Sprint Store to have it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
Don't know what to tell you, there are a few threads on this you can find on the internet, but as stated above they are all dead. I cannot replicate the issue. You are not in a bad reception area, using an Airave, are you?
Are you using LTE mode or CDMA mode? Just out of curiosity, I took my HTC One to an area with Sprint LTE coverage. I then gripped the phone at the bottom and, interestingly, the signal only dropped a little. So I changed the phone from LTE/CDMA mode to CDMA Only mode and repeated the test. Sure enough, the signal dropped substantially.

My finding so far indicats that my HTC One's death grip problem is only with the CDMA mode. SolApathy, can you please clarify how you tried to replicate the issue? Thanks.