View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #258 (permalink)
GuitarG20
Clueless Senior Member

Device(s): Nexus 5, HTC One XL (retired)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistReverend View Post
The One will be the first device I have owned that is available across multiple carriers and I am wondering if all ROMs work on all carriers, or is each ROM specific to the carrier?
I have up till this point just assumed that the only difference is the radio you install.
My understanding is that it should work on all carriers. For example, I got my HOXL from AT&T, but it was also sold on other carriers. The ROMs I have installed on my device work across all those carriers and are generic to the device. However, the easiest way to see if this is the case for the one is to go to get.cm and look up your device, and see if the ROM is different for different carriers.

EDIT: I went and looked, and it looks like there is a specific ROM for the AT&T, t-mo, sprint, and unlocked. So perhaps there are more things tht are different across the different models then usual,and you need to pick a ROM based on whether you have a carrier model or an unlocked model.

See something you don't think should be here? Use the report button to let the moderators know!
Last edited by GuitarG20; June 29th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuitarG20 For This Useful Post:
TheAtheistReverend (June 29th, 2013)