View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #266 (permalink)
howsmatt

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
howsmatt,

so it seems you are getting the mail you are sending, but you don't see your old, or, "archived" email messages. is this what you sat saying?

is this is the case, you need to tell the app how far back to sync.

from the gmail app,

settings, then choose the account you want to edit,

scroll down, make sure "sync gmail" is ticked, and scroll to "manage labels".

go in there and make sure the folders or "labels" you want to sync are set to sync.

there is also a "days of mail to sync" option also.

if you want to get notified, there is a "notifications" box you check. this will allow you to set up how you want to be notified (vibrate, led lamp, etc.)
Actually no, I was not clear-sorry . When I sent myself an email it worked, but others weren't coming in. You were right however, "sync gmail" was not clicked for that account, so maybe it will work now. Thanks so much...

I guess I have already learned about the difference between my old iphone and android. I must say if you have some time to play around Android phones are really amazing and the screen on this thing is just nuts. Really can't wait to enjoy all the customizing and such even more once I get the need for my 8 work related emails to sync properly.

To follow up... It seems to be sending emails to my gmail now and they get pushed. The problem for me is that I have emails on different web and non-web based accounts. They are all in "mail" but there they don't push. Is there a way to fix that?

Ugh, sorry for all this. Thanks again to the people who take their time to help with such matters, its very generous.
Last edited by howsmatt; June 29th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to howsmatt For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (June 29th, 2013)