View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2013, 02:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
mpshah
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Hello and welcome to Android Forums mpshah!

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. Lets see if we can sort you out...

Oh, dear... you have become, "Flash Happy". This is the state whereby you flash anything and everything on your phone in the hope of getting it working.

The term, "bricked", is reserved for the inability to even turn the phone on and usually indicates a fried motherboard which is a very expensive repair job.

Your original problem between the flashing of the 2 custom ROM's probably occurred because you did not wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache in Recovery mode and had all the detritus from one ROM cache in the new ROM cache. The problem was further increased when you then flashed the stock firmware.

However, now that you have flashed a stock firmware, (hopefully the correct one for your model of phone), your options are a little more limited as you now have the stock kernel and recovery.

I would suggest biting the bullet and doing a Factory reset whilst booted into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the following buttons... Volume Up +Home (centre hard key) + (lastly) Power. Continue to hold these buttons until your phone boots into the Recovery screen. This will wipe all data on your phone but not the firmware that you have flashed. You will need to sign in to your Google account and re-sync afterwards.

For future reference... always do a nandroid, Titanium and efs file backups after rooting in case of such problems. See post #3 of the Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide.
Thank you so much for the reply. But here's the thing I cannot get in to Recovery mode. Tried numerous times but it gets to the boot logo with SAMSUNG and Recovery Booting in blue text. It does not go further than that.