View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
thefold

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505
Carrier: O2

I got myself a Galaxy S4 with O2 (UK) yesterday and today found out that I can't even use App2SD because of the way Samsung have set the phone up, so I decided to root the thing and get some functionality back!

Thanks for creating this guide, I went over a few others but they weren't as clear and concise as this one, plus I couldn't find one that sounded like it would work with my particular carrier.

I'm happy to report that it worked absolutely fine for the initial rooting and installation of the PhilZ recovery.

However, when moving onto the next step and installing ROM Manager, when opening the program up it is asking me to install CWM Recovery and no matter which option I choose I'm taken to a screen listing phone models, of which the S4 is not one of them.

While I'm not in any rush right now to install a custom ROM, it would be nice to have the option. Any suggestions as to why it's doing this/why the phone is not listed?

Edit: OK, retract that slighty, it's now showing Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.3.2. Although if I tell it to update it, again it asks me to choose a handset, which the S4 is not on.
Last edited by thefold; July 2nd, 2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: CWM version now showing up.