View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
andyacecandy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo1971 View Post
I'm kinda torn on opinion here regarding fakes like this...

Fakes are wrong.... Companies spend thousands on R&D for a case then a Chinese firm come along and just copy the design and make their own moulds to make the case. If people bought the knock offs then the company who designed the product would go bust.

But, on the other hand.... Is 30 bucks a little high a price to pay for the original? Materials will cost pennies, manufacture will cost pennies.... The rest is profit and to recoup R&D. Maybe if they dropped the prices then more chance of people buying the original over the fake.... Thus increasing sales.....

Obviously this wouldn't apply if someone bought the fake by mistake
Yeah, I know I could've themed my post to be a compare & contrast so people could become aware if they're buying a fake... but I went with the theme of 'the fake is just as good as the original' and that's going to cause a lot of differing opinions.

I agree, $30 is a lot... but I also agree it's pretty messed up to put the logos and copy everything on a knockoff version.

I wasn't the only one who bought off ebay (and probably knowingly knew they were knockoffs). So, for those on the fence, consider this a post to educate you on the differences (if any) between real vs. fake... besides a -$20 savings