View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:07 PM   #143 (permalink)
Adar

Device(s): HTC One, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
WiMax is more like WiFi whereas LTE is a GSM technology.

Had carriers gone with a good WiMax implementation we'd all have been better off imo, but that train left the station a few years ago. Pity really.

Anyway, sure surprised about what is going on with some of Sprint copies of this phone.
Well, my wife and I have had our Sprint HTC Ones now for a few weeks. I can't say that we have run into any problems with the phones, either in build or any of the antennae. I get much better 3G throughput than I did on my Evo3D. I can't say whether signel strength is any better. My house is in a fairly dead spot. Just going by signal BARS, my Evo3D is about the same as my One, but based on actual data throughput, my One blows the Evo3D out of the water.

I know people are talking about a deathgrip problem, but neither myself nor my wife have had even an inkling of that problem. For the first several days, I used my phone with no case, and since then it has been in an Otterbox Defender. I didn't see any difference, and I never had a problem no matter how I held the phone.

Actually, let me rephrase that a bit. I never had any issue with 3G or 4G. For the WiFi, I do see some pretty significant swings in signal strength, but I can't seem to narrow it down to anything in particular. At first I thought it was due to how I held the phone, but the more I mess with it, it actually seems like maybe it is actually interference from somewhere else. I have watched my Wifi signal drop by more than half, while it is sitting on the table.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this phone. To be honest, I was seriously considering dropping Sprint, even though we have been with them for somewhere around 12 or 13 years, just because we couldn't even use the internet on our phones because the speeds were so horrible. (not just on our Evo3Ds. Also on my son's E4GT, and on my wife's earlier HTC Hero). I don't know why the One gives me so much more speed with similar signal, but I do know that it finally makes having unlimited data worthwhile.