View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:47 PM   #145 (permalink)
dlin95123

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adar View Post

I know people are talking about a deathgrip problem, but neither myself nor my wife have had even an inkling of that problem. For the first several days, I used my phone with no case, and since then it has been in an Otterbox Defender. I didn't see any difference, and I never had a problem no matter how I held the phone.

If you don't mind, can you tell me where you got your phone? I went to a Sprint store yesterday and the guy there did not have problem with his HTC One either.

Do you have WiFi reception problem only with the HTC One? My HTC One's WiFi performance is *much* better than my previous HTC Evo 4G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Check out "Wifi Analyzer"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

Sounds a lot like you're sharing a channel with a neighbor.
I use this app on my phone too. But I'd like to note the following. WiFi performance problem can be caused by other WiFi APs or non-WiFi signal sources. One should try to address WiFi AP interference first.

There are only 3 non-overlapping channels in the 2.4GHz band. They are CH1, CH6, and CH11. In other words, APs in CH2 and CH3 can interfere with CH1. APs in CH4, CH5, CH7, and CH8 can interfere with CH6. Finally, APs in CH 9 and CH10 can interfere with CH11. Try to use one of them that does not have other APs which can cause problems.

It is important to note that one would get worse interference from APs in adjacent channels than directly on top of each other. For example, if you are on CH6, an AP in CH4, CH5, CH7, or CH8 can give you worse interference than if that AP is also on CH6. This is because the MAC layer protocol can avoid mid-air collision if the two APs are on the same channel.

Lastly, one has to consider interference from non-WiFi sources as well. In a field trouble shooting project, we found that a wireless surveillance camera greatly impacted the WiFi throughput performance. We had to manually switched the channel to avoid the interference.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by marctronixx; July 2nd, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dlin95123 For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (July 2nd, 2013)