View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Nimitz87

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
sorry for my late replies... im somewhat in the same boat,lol. i work from 7:30 to anywhere from 6-8

just to make sure were on the same page when you tried fastboot boot imagename.img you were replacing imagename with your recovery,correct?

yes sir that is correct.

in the other thread,the "RUU" in question was just the system,boot,and recovery images from the dev edition software i was at the time running on my m7.

just a bit of clarification: while s on,an unlocked bootloader lets you have access to those partitions. you can flash home made,unsigned files containg any combo of boot,system,and recovery.

in order for the mini ruu to flash,the bootloader must be unlocked,so the unsigned file can flash.

you cannot flash any signed files while unlocked and s on. hence the somewhat seemingly contradictory statement,that the bootloader must be relocked or locked in order to run a full,signed ruu.

bootloader locked=mini ruu fails signiture verification

bootloader unlocked=full,signed ruu fails with a 99 unknown error

hmm. that is wierd. what youve described is like what i experirenced when trying to boot an incompatible recovery. i feel like something on your PC is interfearing with the flash,while lookin successful in the cmd window,is not actually fully flashing a complete,working image.

have you tried any of this on a different PC?
I haven't yet.

I know that these things aren't perfect (pc's phones, etc) but I did all of the orig flashing, rooting on the same pc I'll definitely try it on another one to root out the possibility of it being PC related.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimitz87 For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (July 2nd, 2013)