Thread: Should I root?
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
amandagconaway
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s4
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
Remember though, that a LOT of customization can be done without rooting. Just installing a different launcher will allow you to change the phone UI quite dramatically!

So, the question to ask is "What would you like to change about your phone, and can that be achieved without rooting"? Don't get me wrong - I am not suggesting that you shouldn't root. Instead, just trying to see if what you want can be achieved without root or not.

Why don't you try out a different launcher to start off with? Nova/Apex/ADW/Go Launcher/ etc... these are among the more popular ones.

If you like what you see, stick with that.
Rooting is mainly to get added functionality (not just for a change in appearance)

HTH

The reasons I would like to root is to get the hotspot for free, when I had my last rooted phone I always used it. Another reason is for the muti window option being available for all apps, also removing adds is a plus. Still debating tho.
One of my concerns is bc I am not at all experienced with rooting, I do not want to mess my phone up in the process.