Thread: Accessory Best Screen Protector for GS 4
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
dharmaynayz

Device(s): -DIncSR4lous#8, NOVA LAUNCHER PRO, Vigor stock, NOVA LAUNCHER, hTc extended battery with door, kicks
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Ringke SLIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
I put an ifrogz screen protector on my GS4 when I got it because that's what the AT&T store had. I ordered some iSmooth screen protectors for when I need to replace the ifrogz. I previously used them on my GN2 and liked them. I prefer the dry application over the wet application methods. I just use my microfiber cloth to clean it every now and then.

More to the point is finding a case that I like. I put the Speck Candyshell on mine (about the best of the few choices at the store) but don't like it. Too slippery for me. I want something minimalist that I can slip in my back pocket or put in a slipper case of some kind on my belt. I need to run by BestBuy and see what they have in the way of cases.
If you're looking for the best slim HARD case, check out the Ringke SLIM case. I bought it prior to getting my GS4. It's only about $10, but minimalist, good on impact absorption, despite it's thinness (I dropped it from about waist level onto Concrete and it survived with the smallest of nicks). It's got a velvet-like, matte finish with cutouts up top and bottom, and holes for buttons. I bought it in black and thought I'd get a white GS4 (I like the contrast), but looks equally good on the black mist I went with after all. Grippy, minimal, sleek and adds the smallest of bulk to a slim beast.

I also bought a BoxWave TPU for more rugged situations. Textured and matte on the back, it's grippy enough. But it has glossy, slick sides that can get away from you. It was only $2 on AMZN, so totally worth it. Not a perfect case, but damn good value.

Hope this helps.