View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadnatty08 View Post
Found this review comparing them:
I'm a KS backer from May of last year and hoping to get my watch soon. Since I ordered white, it's their last one in production.
The MetaWatch looks really cool though.
I drove by BB today, they said yesterday Pebble got sold out in under 1hr (and that's for $150).

Now, is it fair that you backed them up over a year ago and still don't have your watch while they are fulfilling Best Buy orders now? And what is a difference between black, red, or white piece of plastic face plate? Why not produce all colors around the same time?!? I can not understand that.

Will definitely check out this YT review, but I already know for sure Pebble will have an advantage because of a more dedicated software support to make it consumer friendly. Their magnetic attached charger is more friendly as well. MetaWatch was never promoted as consumer product, rather more for hackers and developers. MW was started by Fossil watch guys and their smart watch group that spun off. I will be more interested in their next gen watch they are working on redesign of. Kreyos is another one to look out for. Not convinced yet about Sony SW2 because bluetooth 3.0 support and no concrete data to make it standout from the current SW which you can get for $99. The price is another concern because if they are going to introduce it for over $200 - it's not worth it, and even above $150 it's too much. The reasonable price for smart watch should be between $100-$150.

Another possible disadvantage of Pebble is that we are talking about original design from over a year ago. They are improving firmware/software and trying to catch up with production volume, but the technology such as processor, memory, and battery are still behind. With the whole publicity rush of their original design - they might be looking at next gen, but will not dare to mention it because nobody going to buy their stuff and eBay will get flooded with used Pebbles (which going to happen anyway by Xmas time ).

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~