View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
jj14x

Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint, home of unlimited dialup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJUphoria View Post
Thanks for all your guys help. I tried moving a folder of pics from my device storage to sd card..it seemed to move, but when I go to my pictures gallery, all the pics in that folder are gone..just grey boxes of where the picture were.
Spent like 30 mins trying to fix it, moving folder back, looking at all folders in MyFiles. but pics don't show up there either.
They couldn't have been deleted, they got to be somewhere on phone. How do I restore the pics again? Frustrating.
How did you move the files over to sd card? Can you verify that the files are on your SD card? (not using the gallery, but using whatever file explorer you are using)?
If you are using the stock Samsung "Myfiles", go to All Files, SD Memory card, and try to find your pictures in the folders there (assuming that is where you moved it to). Once you find the photos, next step would be to get them to your gallery.

Too late to do so if you haven't already done this, but do you have your photos auto-upload to google plus (instant upload) or to dropbox (camera upload)? If not, it may be something to consider - in case you lose your phone, or it crashes, or you accidentally delete your pictures.

If you already had one of these enabled, you can just download your pictures from there to your phone.