View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #648 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,531 Times in 937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by argedion View Post
Been running OpenSuse 12.3 KDE and loving it. Its been my main goto here the past month or so. This evening I found something else I like about it I can't say works in other Linux Systems but it actually give me a MTP so I can view files on my Droid Devices. I can access both Internal and External SDCARDS with no problem. What a wonderful find for me. (Note this does not appear to work with the Latest Mageia 3 running KDE) I tried it with fedora 17 but not a later version.
I'm a little confused. I've been viewing files from my [Linux, of course] computers on all of my Android devices for as long as I've had Android devices. By MTP you're referring to micro$oft's media transfer protocol, yes? But what does that have to do with anything? Like I said, I'm a bit confused by your post. (Lack of sleep could be part of the problem.) How is what you're describing with openSUSE different from my Kubuntu, Fedora, Ubuntu, and Bodhi experience accessing files on my phones?