View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #649 (permalink)
argedion
The TechnoFrog

Device(s): Nexus 7 (2012)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 5,582 Times in 2,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post
I'm a little confused. I've been viewing files from my [Linux, of course] computers on all of my Android devices for as long as I've had Android devices. By MTP you're referring to micro$oft's media transfer protocol, yes? But what does that have to do with anything? Like I said, I'm a bit confused by your post. (Lack of sleep could be part of the problem.) How is what you're describing with openSUSE different from my Kubuntu, Fedora, Ubuntu, and Bodhi experience accessing files on my phones?
When I plug in my android into any of the other systems I have tried I don't get to view my files like i am able to do with OpenSuse now. The others would only show the camera folder and thats it. or at least for me. I guess OpenSuse has MTP built in where as others don't seem to. Mostly I use Airdroid anyway don't like the cables holding me back but plugging in my phone to the computer this eve just to charge it a bit and bam found out OpenSuse does this for me. To Me its a great find Ever since ICS I havent' been able to do this. Not that I will use it that much because Airdroid rocks but still nice to know it exist somewhere. Now if your still confused take two of these and call me in the morning
The Following User Says Thank You to argedion For This Useful Post:
mysticspiral (July 12th, 2013)