View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,785 Times in 4,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLuo View Post
I have TrickDroid 8.0, SuperSU and ClockworkMod's recovery. I do have couple of questions, where only one is more related to HTC One than another's.
1) Is root (and SuperSU) ROM specific, do I need to re-root if I change ROM?
no. once you have a s-off,or at least an unlocked bootloader that allows installation of a custom recovery,you are rooted. root access to /system files is easily added to any stock rom with recovery. custom roms will have superuser built in,so you have root access to /system files as soon as you flash them.

2) I have tried to install ClockworkMod's touch recovery, but for some reason touch doesn't work. What should I do?
make sure youre using the right image for your version(sprint has its own). double check the md5 sum and make sure the image or package you downloaded matches what its supposed to.

last and not least,if you had only temporary booted it,try permantly installing it instead. im learning fastboot booting recovery on these phones doesnt work exactly like im used to on other devices.

3) If I install latest TWRP (2.6.0.1), does it work correctly with RomManager that I'm also using?
no. and i personally would advise against using rom manager,even if you use CW recovery. it is an app,in a working rom,and as such will not always be available to you. when you have issues,the way to fix them is in recovery,so youre beter off using that method so your familiar with it,and not trying to figure it out in a state of semi-panic

I'm newbie of what it comes to Android in general and I haven't understood this rooting / custom recovery / rom even that much. I unlocked bootloader, rooted and installed custom ROM couple of days ago but it was more like doing what was told rather than understanding..
hope that helps. other questions,feel free to ask
donate to my device fund