View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #38 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedawg View Post
EDIT #2: Further pondering. Not doing a full wipe shouldn't necessarily cause a ROM fail. So perhaps it would be due to the fact Im trying to use ODIN to install the ROM and not CWM.
Hi Rudedawg! You don't mention which version, stock, modified or CWM, that you are trying to install. I'm guessing that you were trying to flash the CWM .zip using Odin.

Quote:
Phew its a much longer download. Side question then..On installing this ROM via CWM , is it safe to assume I would still need to install the Wifi fix via ODINs Phone mode?

As I mentioned to sntaylor, earlier this evening, I would recommend the stock modified, MF8, ROM, see #1.2, flashed via Odin as the CWM version, see #1.3, requires a Wi-Fi patch flash via Odin, anyway.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS