Originally Posted by Rudedawg
The trouble is your guide lists 3 different types of download however it really isnt as simple as that. There is no mention of CSC files as these are the only ones mentioned by Djembey that are installed via ODIN.
guide lists 3 types of ROM
and these are indexed as #1.1
. No mention is made of mods such as CSC files by me. Both the stock ROMs and the stock modified ROMs are flashed via Odin as per DjeMBeY's
instructions in his
in his xda thread
Originally Posted by DjeMBeY
1. Install KIES or USB drivers from here
2. Download and run Odin from here (v.3.04 is recomended)
3. Make sure that ONLY AutoReboot & F.Reset Time is ticked in Odin options
4. Download and extract one of Pre-Rooted ROM's
5. Load extracted file (.tar.MD5) as PDA in Odin.
6. Turn OFF your phone, Press&Hold POWER+HOME+VOLUME_DOWN buttons until phone boot into Download/Odin Mode
7. Connect phone to the computer and WAIT for the drivers to be installed. You will see blue or yellow indicator in left top corner of Odin, with phone connected to port: COM:x
8. Click START and wait until you see GREEN indicator [PASS], flashing is finished
9. Unplug USB cable and enjoy.
10. If your Phone Status shows CUSTOM, remove battery for few seconds and check again, if still nothing, perform FACTORY DATA RESET.
NOTE: you can use Triangle Away, tick "System modified workaround" option and restart your phone. Device Status will change back to OFFICIAL without Factory Reset.
TESTED ON I9505!! Works like charm...
I also mention his third type of ROMs, the CWM/TWRP/PhilZ flashable ZIP
, which are flashed via recovery as there name implies.
Nowhere in my
Dummies Guide do I refer to the various ROMs locations in DJeMBeY's xda thread
but only by their titles.
There is 3 panes. One is the Google special edition , the next is stock unmodified and the 3rd modified. The third panel has different versions and in each 7 links within.
As an example.
Model: GT-I9505 (4.2.2)
CSC: OXABMF8 (8 codes)
Kernel: 3.4.0-917495 (19.06)
Build Date: 19.06.2013
Original Stock ROM: Download: <<< Hotfile >>>
Stock KERNEL - ZIP: Downloads: <<< Android Host >>>
Stock RECOVERY - ZIP: Downloads: <<< Android Host >>>
Pre-Rooted ROM - ZIP: Downloads: <<< Android Host >>>
WiFi FIX - Open in Odin as PHONE - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>
Deleted apps (XXUBMF8 - DEODEXED) - Downloads: <<< Android Host >>>
PATCHED SecPhone.apk (Call Recording + NO increasing ringtone) - Download: CWM flashable package
I had selected the ANDROID HOST link after Pre-rooted ROM. This would make sense correct? This is also where I had found my file mentioned earlier , and that of course which I had rooted. And that is what I did.
So if indeed I did do correctly then one can assume not full wiping may of coursed the bad flash.Even if Odin was happy with it.
That is not
an Odin flashable file but as the name inplies in DjeMBeY's
heading in his post #2
in his xda thread
, a, "CWM/TWRP/PhilZ flashable ZIP
", to be flashed via recovery on a pre rooted phone that already has a custom recovery as per the instructions in #2.10