View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,907 Times in 2,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedawg View Post
Sorry dude Ive read it and read it and it makes no sense to me pal. Flashed CWM version. Much simpler. However the removed roms stated do not include Drop box and chat on as these remained. No interference from titanium. Sorry mate.
I dont mean to slate your guide , merely as it is not as straight forward as you claim.
I know you are not slating it old son... but it only seems to be you having a problem with it and I am trying to get to the bottom of it.

Quote:
I am aware you didn't mention csc packages BUT when you click the link you provided to pick my ROM download , There is only one set of downloads mentioned by Djembey that refer to ODIN. Do you see my point? See the first pic I posted. It states go to Post #3. So you can see how I made my first mistake.
My download link for the CWM/TWRP/PhilZ flashable ZIP downloads merely takes you to DjeMBeY's xda thread, as a whole and not to a specific download site, I agree. This is because that in the short time that the ROMs have been in existance, the precise post locations have changed constantly as the dev has added more and varied ROMs. However, as mentioned in my previous reply, the dev quite clearly states that both the stock and stock modified ROMs are flashable via Odin in his Flashing instructions.

So, we have 3 versions of his ROMs. 2 of which, stock and stock modified, are flashable via Odin and the 3rd type, CWM/TWRP/PhilZ flashable ZIP, is flashable via custom recovery... agreed?

Quote:
Also can someone please screenshot their about phone section so i can marry it up. Ta

Quote:
Also Please tell me this is the correct section to download from? All from the first post in Djembeys thread.

That is the correct section if you want to download the, "Modified", ROM mentioned in #1.2 with apps removed and flashable via Odin as per #2.0-#2.9 in my post #2.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
Rudedawg (July 13th, 2013)