View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted bones View Post
I'm also a T Mobile user but I have yet to have any issue like that happen. Then static popping sound strikes me as extremely concerning. Are you using the stock charger?
SAMSUNG GN2 (OEM) Charger.The popping sound is the same one I hear every time I make & connect a phone call.(Currently have an active ticket w/HTC on a somewhat related call/BLUETOOTH issue).Been on-going for 2+ months now w/no resolution,may return the unit to BEST BUY if any ill effects are noted from this incident &/or no resolution w/the upcoming 4.2.2 update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
@KOLIO what sort of game? Phones always run off battery, and the charger is just charging the battery, so if you are loading the phone heavily enough it may well be possible to flatten the battery while on charge, especially if you have got very low (and the shutdown may occur before 0% is displayed). Could be nothing more than that.
BEJEWELED2 @ the time.I usually don't have a problem w/the charging catching up,even while playing a game.I don't make a habit of it,but,before this incident,never had a cause for alarm,as I usually use my tablet when the phone is charging.

Also,I noticed that a couple of G-Mails were being pushed through when the phone shut down,along w/the GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES app update after the phone powered back on.

As you stated,battery indicating isn't the most accurate when @ either extreme,best to just charge the phone to around 15%+ before using it extensively,to avoid a 0% situation,which is reportd to be hard/potentially damaging to LI-PO batteries.I'm not terribly concerned w/this happening once,but,I'll kep an eye on battery life to note any drop-off from this one-time incident.