View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Frisco
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc_one View Post
Hello guys iam new to android,so have sme questions....what does root and flash mean.if i install next launcher in my htc one will it conflict with the htc sense and damage my phone,if so what to do.
AND ALS USING APPS SUCH AS ROOT XPLORER CAUSE ANY HARM . PLZ HELP
THANKSS
Welcome to Android Forums.

"Rooting" an Android device is using special software to open up areas of the system to the user which have been blocked by the manufacturer of the device. Those areas are dangerous if exposed to users who are not well versed on what to do with them.

The advantages have mostly to do with removing the proprietary software included by the carrier/provider and manufacturer known as "bloatware," you can make choices about those apps/widgets or ads that you could not make un-rooted.

Another advantage has to do with customization via special ROMs created by developers who specialize in rooting and makeing attractive, useful, fast ROMs which are "flashed" to the system during the ROM installation procedures.

I see no need to root an HTC One, but obviously a lot of users of that device disagree with that.

Check out the All Things Root sub-forum for your device version (by carrier) right above this main HTC One forum.