View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Since you mentioned Astro 3, I actually got yesterday a newsletter from Anker guys about upcoming 2nd gen Astro 3 (12000 mAh, 80% efficiency - which means only 20% loss, and new led indicator with actual charging/capacity display in 10% increments). It's not available for sale yet, but Amazon already has it listed with pictures and full spec: Amazon.com: AnkerŪ 2nd Generation Astro3 12000mAh Triple USB Port External Battery for iPhone 5, 4S, 4 (Lightning adapter not included); Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2; iPad 4, 3, 2, iPad Mini; Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Note 8; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbo

They also releasing a new higher capacity Slim3 with 6000 mAh: Amazon.com: AnkerŪ Astro Slim3 6000mAh Portable Backup External Battery Charger with built-in Micro-USB Cable. Ultra Slim Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Power Bank for Android Smartphones, iPhones and other devices: Cell Phones & Accessories where I have no idea how they even squeezed in 6000 mAh into that ultra slim profile.

All this is a great indicator about improvements in battery cell technology, getting smaller in size with higher capacity charge and higher efficiency of delivering this high capacity!

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (July 15th, 2013)