View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #675 (permalink)
fixitevilson

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (ADR6300)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post

I have no experience saving M$ PP files in LibreOffice, but I guess I was under the impression that it should work fine. Would you like to explain a bit about what happened, how you saved it, whatever?
It happened in a PowerPoint file that I made for Spanish class, (About the Country of Chile) for my Spanish class. Everything ran smoothly, editing in Windows at school. Everything changed at the last second. When I finished up with the presentation before I left for school, I was using Ubuntu 12.04 (It was a fresh release, about a month old). I forgot to check to see if it would work in PowerPoint 2007 (My school is old Microsoft software users). That day, I was confident that I had it perfect, and I plugged in my USB Flash Drive (A SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2GB), and went to the file, and Office said my file was corrupt.

Looking back, I should have brought my Linux-based netbook to school, and done my presentation on that machine, heh heh.

Pretty much, if I want to do any presentations, and I'm using Linux, I'm gonna be sure that I have a Linux machine with me.