View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NJ1. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,609 Posts

DjeMBeY,s MG3 pre-rooted firmware is up!

All three versions, see post #1, of the latest Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2, firmware, MG3 is now available.

I chose the stock modified version and flashed it over my current MF8 DjeMBey ROM using Odin... in my case I used Mobile Odin. After flashing I had to re-flash the PhilZ recovery and all was well.

The MG3 firmware is taken from the Brazilian release and comes with some extra apps. The Help Guide, in Brazilian, is something that the dev forgot to remove I guess. Unreceived Calls is basically a separate call/message log prog. Energy Saver is intriguing as it is designed to save battery when the phone is not in use/idle by limiting the data connection to a quick burst every 30 min's. I will be giving this a go as it should save a lot of juice... not that the stock modified ROM's from DjeMBeY really need it IMHO.

I do not know whether it is a placebo effect but I feel that the scrolling and screen menus are a lot quicker on this version and that the screen seems more vibrant.

If there is a downside it, "might", be the modem/radio which I feel is not quite as good as the European MF8 that I was using previously. I am not talking about a big difference and in fairness, I need more time to test it. In any case, this is not a big problem as I can easily flash the MF8 modem via Odin.

EDIT: I flashed the MF8 modem and there is no difference between it and the MFG, for me.

Certainly, in the time I have been using it, I see no reason why this should not be a, "keeper", for me.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
Last edited by ironass; July 16th, 2013 at 01:03 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
sntaylor (July 16th, 2013), Sydney99 (July 16th, 2013)