View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
SebaKL

Device(s): Galaxy S III, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Nexus 10, Galaxy Gear
Carrier: DIGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
I don't see those 5 options on my i337. That feature is called Direct Call on my GS4 (ATT). Motion and gestures/motion/direct call. I believe BRG is on Verizon, iirc. Is that named differently under VZW?

Speaking of Dialer 1, I'm also trying that out. When I try to assign speed dials, it says something about assigning that in the context menu of contacts. Whatever that it is. ??
I have been always using international unlocked models, and only throught this forum, learn about those customized models for telcos in the USA .

I must say, and I really don't mean to offend, it is annoying and silly for them to remove certain features. I understand chanding the chips to make it compatible with their specific bands, but cutting features like Direct Call? Wtf?

No wonder I get updates within hours of announcement (having the most generic model) while many other android users, need to wait months for the roll out.

If my telco will ever practice that, no kidding , I will buying my phones from Singapore or Hong Kong.