Thread: General Q Thoughts
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
I may be wrong in this but if I am not mistaken, some of the things you mentioned such as hover view, plus multi-view windows in Android etc are only useful in Touchwiz. Not in stock Android that the Q was demo'ed in. We won't know until a reviewer actually does a full blown in-depth review of the apps, OS's etc of the tablet.
I think you're right because I remember people saying that the Google edition S4 didn't have hover function or the other software touches.

I'm figuring, if this is a dual OS system w/ Windows, then the Android portion would already be "rooted". Or is there a way for the software to be split where the Windows portion is accessible (as normal windows would be) and the android partition is locked. The more we talk, the more questions come up for me.

As awesome as the concept intially sounds, it might be the smarter play to wait it out for the 2nd generation of the Q. I was intending on waiting for a "good deal" on it anyway, so we'll see what more reviews say leading up to the official release.