View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

I wanted to post a little update/comment. Since I have been using MetaWatch for over a month now, I really can't imagine my Note 2 being complete without it. This goes not just for MW but in general the concept of smartwatch and how it becomes an extension of your phone. But there was one thing bothering me since I had to run a bunch of apps in order to get notifications from all of my POP3/IMAP/Exchange email accounts. I know everybody has different priorities for notifications and some might only care about GMail. For me, I need to have access to all of my 4 different email accounts, and with my original setup it was a bit convoluted since I had to use K-9 and Touch Down HD, and both of those apps contributed to draining of my battery.

Finally, I got a chance to explore a full potential of Augmented SmartWatch Pro app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alk.k9) and now I don't need K-9 and Touch Down anymore. The level of notification config in that app is insane. Everything from emails to social networking and any other app you have installed on the phone - you can configure in details. What I also like is that it has a Quiet Time option to set start/stop time for weekdays and weekend when you don't want your notifications to buzz in. And the best is that it's not specific to MetaWatch only, but covers Pebble, Sony, MotoACVT, and other smartwatch. Excellent support from a developer as well. For me, being able to receive Exchange notifications triggered from Samsung's built in email client without a need for 3rd party app - is priceless

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~