View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
speedlever

Device(s): GS4/32-i337-NC1, iP5/32-iOS7, iP5s/32-iOS7
Carrier: AT&T

I have 11 keyboards on my GS4 counting the stock ones. Swiftkey is good, but won't let me insert a "." in an email address before the dot com portion of the email address... as in fname.lastname@gmail.com. I can fix it after typing the .com portion, but I have to position the inserter to do it. And, no number row. I also had some issues with its word predictor/suggester.

I tried the Kii keyboard and happily purchased the premium version. I really like how it works.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin&hl=en

Keyboards seem to be personal choice items.

I tweaked Swiftkey and per suggestions here, I changed the longpress to 200ms which helped deal with numbers. But found that if I paused too long trying to remember where to slide for the next letter in my word, I got a number instead. I never came close to being an expert on Swiftkey so there's probably a lot that I didn't discover about it, but I had times when the suggested words didn't work and I had to back up and hit each letter individually to get the word I wanted.

Kii has a floating word suggestion that is either distracting or a nice feature. I haven't decided yet.
Last edited by speedlever; July 19th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.