View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM   #188 (permalink)
riotrob

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

First, I have to set this up. I work for a German company [here in Virginia], so our out-bound web servers are routed through the IT "home office" in Germany. Some US sites dont like this because my IP says im not in the US (Amazon and Buy.com wont let me "check out" even though I log on as "me" (10 years of use and thousands of dollars spent), and have same US shipping and billing address as always).

Ok, so I pre-ordered yesterday, from my computer here at work. 15 minutes later, the order got canceled. Of course I can guess what the issue is as it happens all the time. I called Verizon's fraud hotline (listed in the cancellation email) and explain the situation. The rep verifies all my info and says that she will "reinstate my order and email me a tracking number". I said; ok, thank you, goodbye. Sure enough, two hours later, I got a tracking number.

Maybe she didnt realize that the phone was not released - or maybe because I had also ordered some accessories (that were released) that my order wasnt an obvious "pre-order" (to her) - or maybe she released the order due to my inconvenience. Who knows? I got a phone.
Last edited by riotrob; April 21st, 2010 at 12:53 PM.