View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:52 AM   #367 (permalink)
Tlicious1020

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Jones View Post
When I bought my new HTC One it lost about 3% of battery overnight (8 hours) now I'm losing about 12%. Obviously I have more apps but still that doesn't seem right!

I have deleted 3 or 4 live wallpapers i had downloaded thinking maybe this is drawing power even when they are not being used, but Im still losing about the same

Is 10 - 15% loss of battery overnight (no use of phone) the norm?
Yes, you have to remember this is a smartphone. Meaning you control and allow the phone to do whatever it wants. And you have to be conscious of what apps you download and their permissions.

Sounds like you have downloaded apps that are either staying awake or waking up and using the battery by sending and receiving data. Or some apps can be utilizing location services. That means you need to ensure your radios are off at night or download the apps Gsam Battery Monitor and Wakelock Dector. Those apps will tell you which apps are using up battery and cpu.

For example, I noticed Google Maps wakes up constantly to check it's location for a better user experience. I nipped that in the butt by turning that option off. Google Maps will sleep like a baby now.
Last edited by Tlicious1020; July 21st, 2013 at 04:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tlicious1020 For This Useful Post:
Rob Jones (July 21st, 2013)