View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
sOulbAit
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarG20 View Post
Is your phone on one of the carriers? It's possible that the update is still in the carrier approval process and that is why you have not gotten it yet.

As far as the GPS is concerned, it's been established that it doesn't track your location well. Do you get the GPS symbol in your status bar when you have the apps tracking? Does it indicate that you have good signal? It seems like your phone is using A-GPS (approximating your location based on wifi signals) and isn't actually tracking you using GPS proper.
Thanks GuitarG20 for the quick reply. I have AT&T. I have also talk to two other support agents and they have not heard of the problem and did not know of a release/update coming out for the phone. Only the first person I talked to said this.

I agree with you on the tracking. I believe it is also using the wifi signal and not the GPS. I have the GPS icon in the upper left bar. The circle with the four points on the sides and the dot in the center is a constant white dot. I did a race 5K (3.1 miles) last night and my program said I had run 3.40 miles. The track map indication line was all over the place causing the extra mileage.

My run program (RunKeeper) also had a full three green bars indicating full signal strength.

Thanks again.